- Cost – flat roof made from felt is the best option in terms of value
- Suitability – They suit any size of roof and can be made to fit most shapes. The new bitumen allows for shrinkage and expansion and is a modern invention – nothing like the old flat roofs from 30 years ago. Not ideal for walking across on a hot summer’s day though as this would damage the roof.
- Damage resistance – Hot weather makes the roof susceptible if you walk across it without protecting it with boards to spread the weight. Ideally a flat roof should not be walked on without protection.
- Repairability – If you stick to a plain finish then it is ok if the roof needs patching. This is one of the advantages of felt.
- Appearance – There are several different colour finishes and they do look better than a rubber roof in my opinion.
- Installation – The main thing to say is that this is not DIY as there is a hot blow torch required. That’s why you need a professional who is insured!
When you want to get a quote for a new flat roof or a repair in the Tilehurst, Calcot, Caversham, Reading, Earley, Emmer Green, Henley, Wargrave, Finchampsted, Theale or Pangbourne, please get in touch.
Call 0118 942 6383 or 07710 333664